Hey Hey! This is my THIRD week in a role doing #FridayFeels. This is a big deal for me. I thought I might be a little ambitious doing a weekly column, but guess what… You can do ANYTHING you put your mind to!
Wow! It really feels like Friday today. Just finishing off a bustling week. Felt like I was pushing myself a bit out of my comfort zone, which is always exciting. In other news, I have friends coming into town for the holiday weekend, and we are doing so many fun things. You’ll have to stay tuned on Instagram!
Anyways let’s get into those #FridayFeels:
1. Minnesota State Fair. For the first time in my life, I attended the Great Minnesota Get-Together with my uncle. And, it was everything I could’ve imagined. A few highlights: the best cheese curds ever, cucumber beer, a pickle wrapped in cream cheese and pastrami, delish thick cut bacon on a stick… Oh and a GIANT ferris wheel, the largest traveling ferris wheel in the world. And, a 1400 pound pig!! I didn’t get a whole lot of pictures, but I’m going again this weekend, so I’ll be sure to be prepared to snap some shots. Maybe a full post on the topic next week?
2. Fitness Jack is back for another week. Went to another class at CycleBar (this was the first time that I went for the full 50 minutes) and it kicked my butt, BUT it was such a great experience. The music was pumping along with my heartrate. So much fun. Shout out to my instructor, Chris! Give her and her indoor cycling consulting biz, beatboss, some love here and here. Wow, was I really feeling that bucket of Sweet Martha Cookies from the fair…
3. Kindness moves in funny ways. What goes around comes around, and kindness is one of those things. Putting that energy out there is so good for you and those you interact with. I’m grateful for all the kind vibes this week.
4. Candy corn and peanuts. I went to an amazing housewarming party this past weekend, and got all emotional about one of my favorite autumn memories. My mom would always make this when me and my sister were growing up. You should totally try it now that candy corn is in season again.
5. Serendipitous Blue Apron. Gave Blue Apron (the food/recipe delivery service) a try because my roommate forgot to cancel his subscription during his time out of town. You know, it was actually pretty fun. I don’t know if I’d ever get it for myself, but it is nice that it comes with everything you need. No need to run out to Cub Foods to grab a jar of capers, ja feel?
6. Dixie Chicks. I’m not sure why, but this is the second week in a row that the Dixie Chicks have been my go to soundtrack. “The Long Way Around” is REALLY an anthem for twenty-somethings. Here are the essentials, if you want a quick Dixie Chicks refresher:
7. Radish top pesto. I have all of these radish tops leftover from our CSA farmshare. They were sitting in a vase (Read as: blender) slowly wilting. SO, I took matters into my own hands last night and made Radish top pesto using a recipe from From A Chef’s Kitchen. It was so easy and tasty. I used the pesto just like I did in this recipe, but with corn, zucchini, and bell peppers.
8. Best donut of the year. If you didn’t already catch it on instagram, I had a donut from The Bachelor Farmer Cafe on Wednesday, and it was so so so good. Maybe the best donut I’ve ever had (and I eat my fair share of donuts). They only have them certain days of the week though, so call ahead and check before you venture out to the North Loop. Also, they have such beautiful tile work done throughout the whole space. #InstagramHeaven
9. Grateful for a rich community of creatives in the Twin Cities. MSP is bringing out the best of my creative energy. I just feel so fortunate to be feeling those artistic vibes.
How can it be September? I just can’t get over it… What happened to August? But, fall is coming which will be really nice for my sweater drawer and my soup/chili loving taste buds. Thanks for reading folks. Have an amazing Labor Day Weekend!