Internet friends, do I have a big surprise for you! I’m starting another new column at LivingNimbly. And don’t you worry, this one has a better chance of not fading away than others that I’ve dreamed up (see: my monthly music recap OR when I wanted to start reviewing movies OR my weekly workout playlist post. Whoa, now that I list them out… that seems like a whole lot.)
I am LOVING this process of writing a blog, because I am slowly but surely figuring out what I like to write about. What type of writing (and creative expression in general) gives me life versus slows me down.
Because I don’t blog full time, I have to make the most of the time that I have to work on writing posts, making playlists, coming up with recipes, etc. It has been a wonderful exercise in learning about myself and my strengths and weaknesses. #LivingNimbly
SO, this #FridayFeels post will be a weekly recap of my week. I’ve noticed that this is a popular type of post for bloggers, and I thought I’d give it a shot (See: Sally’s Baking Addiction’s Saturday Seven).
Conceptually, this is going to be short-form tidbits from my week. I may describe a great meal I cooked this week, my latest workout endeavor, an album that has been on repeat, or a piece of every day inspiration that gave me energy. Could also be something that bummed me out, but you know me… I won’t be posting too many of those. Sounds fun, right? Right!
This has been a BUSY week for Jack (aka me… I sometimes talk in 3rd person). I was up at the roomie’s cabin this past weekend — which was a BLAST, but I had to hit the ground running on Monday with a bunch of projects that built up at the end of last week. Anyways, here are my #FridayFeels:
1. #LakeLife is too amazing. One of the reasons that this summer has been so wonderful is that I now live in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. So, every weekend (and sporadic weekdays) are filled with time by the water. So restorative!
2. I tried my hand at homemade pickles (using this recipe from Rachel Ray). Wowee, that sure was a satisfying process. As we are in prime cucumber season, I will definitely be trying again soon… like really soon… probably within 3 hours of posting this (I just need to pick up vinegar from the store).
3. Have you seen the “Coincidance” video? Apparently it went viral two summers ago, but my Aunt showed it to me and I can’t stop laughing and dancing. What is funnier is that this is how I actually dance… :p
4. I spent a good bit of time making a weekly schedule so that I can be more productive, instead of flopping from project to project like a fish out of water. I time-blocked out time for client work, blogging, sleeping, long Wednesday lunches, chill time, and yoga.
5. On that note, I’m back on the yoga train. I was doing alright with making yoga a part of my daily routine in July, but NOW I am back on it. I’ve been doing the 30-day Yoga Camp from Adriene Mishler of Yoga with Adriene. I am loving every minute of it. This practice has a way of kick started my days into a positive direction.
6. I’m doing this thing where I am eating the correct serving size of cereal. This is me being a little more intentional about what I put in my body, so this is my first step (not like I don’t eat a handful of cheese puffs afterwards #WorkInProgress). Pictured below is one cup of Multigrain Cheerios with delish summer blueberries.
7. On a music related note, I have really been drawn to female vocalists from different eras this week. It has been wonderful! Here is a little playlist of songs that have been racing through my head this week:
So that’s all I have for you today for my first #FridayFeels. I hope that you enjoyed every word of it. In the comments: Is this cool? Are you into this type of post? Am I way behind on the Coincidance train?